LEVER TOOL CARD & BIT VAULT REVIEW
What is it?
The LEVER Toolcard Pro is “40 tools in 1 ounce”. There are dozens of practical “everyday” uses that everyone will benefit from starting day one of ownership. Use it for things like opening cans and bottles, use it as a wrench or screwdriver, and I don’t just mean using the built-in ones either, you can adapt any ¼” bit to it, or use it as a drafting tool, or money clip and replace your spine bending leather wallet once and for all.
This tool will reveal a limitless number of uses unto you over the course of your lifetime with it. You might use this tool every day, or once a week. It’s not a question of IF it will come in handy, but WHEN. We all know the EDC creed that is “Stay Ready”. Well, with this American made tool, you will be ready. They GUARANTEE it.
Origins and Company Story
The tool card was born out of an intense hatred of poorly designed products. Founder and engineering perfectionist, Mike Skully (with a possible connection to Agent Skully of the FBI, I’ve yet to confirm my suspicion though), was a product manufacturing consultant for 15 years.
Mike helped companies create all kinds of cool things like video editing equipment to kayaks, to solar micro-inverter systems. While Mike enjoyed creating high-quality products for other companies, he also hated seeing the junk that was being produced in the EDC world. This world was and still is his true passion, something that I think we all can identify with.
Eventually, he had had enough of seeing junk that was being passed off as “the best” in the EDC world. So with the help of his wife, April, who was the COO of a non-profit that helped teach young people what it means to be an Entrepreneur at the time, to put boots on the pavement and create a product that would change the EDC world forever.
Their goal was to create a product that would fit in your wallet and be as useful as possible without leaving a trace, kind of like an elite operative in your pocket, giggety. They wanted to create something that would stand the test of time as they say.
He and his wife April started LEVER in 2015. Mike handled product development and engineering, and his wife handled the marketing. April took the marketing efforts to the next level by bringing the concept to Kickstarter. In my opinion, this is the decision that put this company on the map and changed its trajectory forever.
They launched it on March 10th in 2016. Which by the way was long before I started Urban EDC, so Mike you’re forgiven for not getting one of these to me sooner. 🙂
The product launch went viral and went absolute gangbusters. Final numbers: 1,375 backers pledged $65,840 to help bring this project to life. The EDC crowd had spoken, they didn’t want toys, they wanted tools! So, get bent “Wuhan Ninja”..not that you have a choice in the matter though, you fold like a cheap lawn chair when the wind changes direction.
The Toolcard Pro is an heirloom quality product for less than the price of a couple of movie tickets. This is something you can hand down to the next generation of EDC enthusiasts. You won’t find this level of quality and attention to detail for $8 on Amazon folks. This is the real deal, this is the Lynch Northwest of wallet tool cards right here folks.
What separates it from the pack?
- The material used. It’s 420 stainless steel. While many of the LEVER clones out there use low-grade stainless steel. Stuff like SS316, aka the stuff used to make cheap silverware you find at Sprawlmart. Stainless steel 420 is heat-treated to a hardness of HRC 48. This is a much higher degree of toughness than the cheap stuff other companies use. You can feel the difference right away. It’s like trying to bend a stack of credit cards vs a wrench.
- More tools. More uses. Some companies like the Wuhan Ninja have 18, this one has 40! Sure there are other companies that match them, but it’s only because LEVER blazed the design trail for the imposters.
- It doesn’t look like something you pulled out of a Happy Meal. You won’t find any stupid cartoon ninja faces or cats shooting lasers out of their eyes painted on it. LEVER takes its product design seriously.
- LEVER is an AMERICAN company with a set of core beliefs and values. One of which is to not make terrible products. It’s a company of engineers and tradespeople who take pride in their work. These are made by adults, not kids in China. Kids who may or may not have a second job sewing Jordans together on the weekend. The money pay LEVER stays in America.
- Guaranteed for life. Remember when Craftsman Tools used to have a lifetime money-back guarantee and would replace a Craftsman wrench or whatever you brought them 10 years later if it failed in some way? That is how LEVER’s warranty works.
- They also offer a 60-day return policy! If you buy it, and in 60 days you decide it’s not for you, send it back for a full refund! Seriously man, spend the extra bucks and get a damn LEVER lever wallet tool. Pay for it once and be done. They guarantee you’ll never have to worry about your EDC tool card again.
What can you do with this tool?
That is better left up to their promotional video. It’s very well thought out and very well done. Let’s take a look, shall we?
How much and where to pony up?
Prices range from $30 to $39 bucks.
Worth the extra money, because honestly, we’re talking about a difference of $20 between the wannabes and the King. It’s not that much, and you’re getting the best. It’s one of the few no brainer decisions that life will throw your way. Be grateful they made it this easy for you to decide, and move on to the next problem you have lol.